Friday, January 04, 2008

Hello 2008

Okay...

The new year snuck in during a rousing game of Scrabble (I won 3 out of 3--which really means something if you know my wife--the genius reading machine known as Kerry).

While sipping mimosas, rearranging letter tiles, and shooting vicious verbal barbs towards our friend Brent, 2007 quietly died, and 2008 rolled over and turned on the light.

What does 2008 hold for the world? Hell, what does it hold for me? Why not be selfish about the future? Maybe it's not selfish, but there is definitely curiosity.

I know what we have planned. There's Kerry's 40th birthday this month... there's the trip to Paris and Markdorf this spring... there's Kerry's trip to Hawaii in the spring and my business trip to Hawaii in early summer...

So, who knows. There are plans, then there is what happens...

Then there are the resolutions...

As always there is "losing weight". The perennial mantra of "getting in shape". I had a physical on the 24th and everything was fine: finger waggle-good, turn and cough-good, EKG-good, fat-yes... and so on. But, I feel like the sand is running out of my lucky hourglass and soon, the diabetes will drop a nasty bomb on my dome of invincibility. My LMT (a spiritual Buddhist kind of chick) says that if I put it out into the universe, then it will happen.

I want to read a lot more and watch less TV. Simple enough, right? We'll see.

I want to break 90 in golf. Why? It's shows that I have actually worked and improved on something as an individual.

I want to find some satisfaction in my work. I'll leave it at that. (Yo, Universe... got that?)

Write more than ever before. (Hear that Universe?)

Finally, I guess, just be happy. I'm a pretty miserable guy most of the time, and well, I think I'd like to be less that and enjoy, accept and like who and what I am...

No comments: